St Bride’s Monifieth marks 40th anniversary

Parish News

Mgr Aldo Angelosanto and parishioners at St Bride’s. Monifieth, were joined by Diocesan Administrator Canon Kevin Golden, Bishop Emeritus Stephen Robson and Fr Jim Walls as the marked the 40th anniversary of the opening of their church, by Bishop Vincent Logan on 1st February 1984.

The present building was not the first Catholic Church to be opened in the Angus coastal town. This report from 9th March 1909 marks the reopening of a previous building on the site.

Photos courtesy of Eddie Mahoney